Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kensuke's Kingdom

English Homework
Due: Wednesday 11th June

We have been hooked by our class novel Kensuke's Kingdom and, I don't know about you but I can not wait for the next installment!

Your English homework this week is linked to our class novel and the adventurous vocabulary used by Michael Morpurgo to create effect within this incredible story.  Look at the list of words below and find their meaning within a dictionary.  Once you understand their meaning put them into sentences, linking them to the novel itself and what we have read so far.  I have done the first for you as an example.

Word
Definition
Sentence
Civil
Polite, respectful
Michael and Kensuke were always civil to each other.
Sullen



Treachery



Incident



Honourable



Sacrifice



Bemused



Reconciliation



Trepidation



Expound



Reproach



Listlessly



Miniscule




I look forward to reading the fabulous sentences you come up with.  Be as creative as possible blwyddyn chwech!